The use of Lash Lifting Products for Brow Lamination
There are a number of reasons why the use of traditional Lash Lifting products for the Brow Lamination procedure should be avoided:
- The Perming agent in Lash Lifting products is normally found at around 9%-11%. Anything higher than 5% is not deemed safe for use on the skin.
- The skin typically has a PH level of around 4.5 – 5.5.
- Lash Lifting products are developed with a PH level of around 8 / 9 and therefore contact with the skin should be avoided.
- All Lash Lifting products include an alkalising agent such as Ethanolamine or Ammonia Hydroxide. This agent is designed to lift the PH level in the hair to help the perming agent do its job, and should be present in a maximum dosage of 0.5% for professional use.
- Anything higher can be very irritating for the skin.
- Over exposure of the products can cause damage to the hair follicle / hair loss / skin burn.
Our Brow Lamination lotions have been designed specifically for use on brows only, and the Keratin Vitamin Intensive Cream will leave the eyebrows feeling conditioned and glossy!